Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JippaLippa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Hey everyone.

This is a pretty trivial thread, as it bears no important meaning, however I was interested in knowing what you felt about the iPhone Pro's design.

I just switched to my first pro (the 14) and I love the features, however I can't help but feel the phone itself looks quite bad (comparatively speaking).

I always loved the iPhone and I still do, and when I got my white regular 13 I marveled at it.
The design was so light and beautiful, with the camera bump being small and on the top left, with the added benefit of the cameras being arranged diagonally, giving the phone itself a friendly look (I feel the same about the regular 14).

On the other hand I think the 14 Pro (and 13 pro for that matter) feels comically disproportioned, with this giant camera bump...
I really think it looks bad, and the reflective fingerprints magnet sides look garrish on the pros, while I strongly prefer the matte look of the regular iPhone.

All this to say that, when I was holding both my white iPhones to transfer the files, I couldn't help but thinking that the regular 13 looked so much better.

What do you think?

Reactions: jamesrick80

Snot Rox

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
The design chassis of the Pro models haven’t really changed since the 12 pro. Most people slap a case on it and call it a day and don’t have to deal with the fingerprints or the camera bump.

You’re still in the honeymoon stage of a new phone, so I’m sure you’re going to gloss over the pros and cons of it. Give it awhile and overtime you won’t care anymore.

JippaLippa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
The design chassis of the Pro models haven’t really changed since the 12 pro. Most people slap a case on it and call it a day and don’t have to deal with the fingerprints or the camera bump.

You’re still in the honeymoon stage of a new phone, so I’m sure you’re going to gloss over the pros and cons of it. Give it awhile and overtime you won’t care anymore.
I don't exactly care; I'd take features over looks any time of the day.
However I think the pro camera bump is comically large.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.