Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSax1234

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Virginia
So this morning I woke up about 6:40 to go take pictures of the sunrise, which turned out pretty bad, anyways... So I grab my camera bag, tripod, and flash light and I'm out the door. I drive to this little mountain called Bald Knob which is located right behind the highschool. So i get there and start waking and could see very well in the woods as the sun had already started to come up, but I decided I would turn the flash light on anyways for saftey or so I didn't get shot, our county is very red-neck hillbilly. So I get up to the top spend my time taking pictures and start heading down. Well on the way down almost at the bottom I was met by two lovely police officers starting to walk up.

They were very polite and nice and asked me to look in my tripod bag. And I emptied my pockets for them and they checked by drivers license. They asked a few questions, none of which were insisting I was up to no good, they thought I was geocashing actually lol... But anyways they had gotten a call about someone with a flash light who may have thought there had been a HOSTAGE situation. It was really funny.

So have any of you guys had interesting stories with the police while trying to photograph.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
But anyways they had gotten a call about someone with a flash light who may have thought there had been a HOSTAGE situation. It was really funny.

Yikes, if I am ever in your neck of the woods I will use night vision goggles instead of a torch :).

No run ins yet, thankfully, though I did get reminded at the Seattle Art Museum about no photos :eek: , I went in expecting for that, but for the life of me I could not see any signs. I wish Galleries/Museums would put up a few more signs, they are normally right be the entry doors but on crowded days it isnt always easy to see every sign.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.