Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LV426

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
On a fair number of occasions, I've opened the app, and having browsed the library there is no way of getting to the Store. Quitting the app restores the Home icon, Store etc. Not ideal.

Also, within the store, try expanding New Movie Releases, scroll down and click on a movie. You get to see a summary of the movie. But no back button.

Some work needs doing on the UX for sure.

My number one gripe, though, is that Apple forbids movie screen shots. We are second class citizens who are not permitted to show screen grabs to others for perfectly legitimate reasons. I find this particularly annoying in forums, where other users happily put up movie screenshots for comment and review. Copyright law permits screen shots for review purposes, but Apple makes it impossible.

Madonepro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
What's always bugged me about the app, is you can rent and buy movies through it, and watch them on any device, but if you upload a movie into the app, there is no 'preference' to have it in the cloud synced, or on your Apple TV device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.