Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appleaker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
This sums up how I feel about the iPhone 7 right now:

It feels like a stepping stone to the redesign in 2018.

The rumor that I hope isn't true is the glossy black plastic model being sold along the matte metal models. I want the black, and it makes sense that they'll do it given that it's the most requested color.

Right now, while we know what it will look like, rumors are a mess when it comes to everything else so my views could change.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Well, you only have a few more minutes to complain about a phone that hasn't been released yet. Hurry up, get them in before the announcement.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Every single iPhone is a stepping stone to the next model.

Not everyone needs a different look for a new model to feel special.

Hell, sometimes I wish Apple kept certain designs around longer and focused more on the OS / battery life than the amount of R&D they put into aesthetics but alas... that wouldn't drive the fashion divas into buying a new phone simply because it looks new :rolleyes:

Appleaker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Well, you only have a few more minutes to complain about a phone that hasn't been released yet. Hurry up, get them in before the announcement.
I'm not complaining about the phone, I think it'll be really good. I'm just saying that rumors are a mess and that I would hate it if they did a plastic black.
[doublepost=1473267638][/doublepost]
Every single iPhone is a stepping stone to the next model.

Not everyone needs a different look for a new model to feel special.

Hell, sometimes I wish Apple kept certain designs around longer and focused more on the OS / battery life than the amount of R&D they put into aesthetics but alas... that wouldn't drive the fashion divas into buying a new phone simply because it looks new :rolleyes:
That's certainly true for Apple because they start working on phones 2 years in advance. I think the design change is nice, but a change of finish (i.e. glossy) with the same design would be nice.

paul43

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
San Antonio Tx
This sums up how I feel about the iPhone 7 right now:

It feels like a stepping stone to the redesign in 2018.

The rumor that I hope isn't true is the glossy black plastic model being sold along the matte metal models. I want the black, and it makes sense that they'll do it given that it's the most requested color.

Right now, while we know what it will look like, rumors are a mess when it comes to everything else so my views could change.
I've always loved that video

Reactions: Appleaker
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.