Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Complete control of all reflective surfaces no matter how far from the frame the walls are. You should also try strobes...strobes are nice.
Whatever software/hardware computer related you may have is secondary to any studio. You can have a nice computer to do your edits and no studio, but chances are you wouldn't have a studio and no computer if you're shooting digital.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Post what you think makes a good photographers studio.

Hardware (includes computers and monitors) , Software Etc.

Lots of space, the ability to hang lighting, nothing that bounces weird colors back into the shot, room for props, a comfortable temperature range for models, complete control of any external light sources, and my own key. :)

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Well, first and foremost, the most impotant thing is a good photographer...;)

Agreed! Unless you're already a pro, in which case you'd know what goes into a good studio, you should get only the really basic things (a camera, a lens or two, a tripod, and a flash to use off camera) then just shoot a lot and take some photo classes. Also, computers are not important at all, IMHO. I know some of the nation's top photographers and not one of them shoots digital. You can do amazing work with B&W 35mm!

Well, first and foremost, the most impotant thing is a good photographer...;)

Agreed! Unless you're already a pro, in which case you'd know what goes into a good studio, you should get only the really basic things (a camera, a lens or two, a tripod, and a flash to use off camera) then just shoot a lot and take some photo classes. Also, computers are not important at all, IMHO. I've met some of the nation's top photographers and not one of them shoots digital. You can do amazing work with B&W 35mm!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.