Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

salvatore

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
Massachusetts
I ordered a Nikon D80, along with two lenses (18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom and 55mm-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX VR) from Adorama today.

Aside from a genuine desire, Im a complete novice and am very much looking forward to receiving this camera and lenses. The first step will be to take as many pictures as possible and experiment with as many of the settings as possible. Anyone have other forums/books/resources to recommend for a beginner?

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I ordered a Nikon D80, along with two lenses (18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom and 55mm-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX VR) from Adorama today.

Aside from a genuine desire, Im a complete novice and am very much looking forward to receiving this camera and lenses. The first step will be to take as many pictures as possible and experiment with as many of the settings as possible. Anyone have other forums/books/resources to recommend for a beginner?

Taking "as many pictures as possible" sounds like the best way to learn. Remember what you did - and what the light was like - when you take pix that 'work'. Read the camera manual, and a couple of books on basic digital photography (from the library?). Look at great pictures, and talk to people who seem to be able to take good pix on a regular basis. Don't get too hung up on hardware, or what people recommend on forums (they always tell you to get whatever they bought ;)). Experiment, have fun...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.