Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ESKEY4IK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2019
So I wanted to use Photo Booth and suddenly “There Is No Connected Camera” screen appeared. Searching for solution on Google, I found out some ones like a special commands in Terminal to fix this problem. I opened Terminal, began to type commands such as “sudo killall VDCAssistant” and “sudo killall AppleCameraAssistant” bun none of them had worked and Terminal responded with “No matching processes were found”. Restart didn’t solve the problem, as well as SMC and NVRAM reset!

Attachments

• AE5DFE64-50D9-4378-A3DA-D6BAB8C83BF2.jpeg
    AE5DFE64-50D9-4378-A3DA-D6BAB8C83BF2.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 1,006
  • Снимок экрана 2019-12-03 в 21.22.38.png
    Снимок экрана 2019-12-03 в 21.22.38.png
    676.3 KB · Views: 263

torq campbell

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2020
So I wanted to use Photo Booth and suddenly “There Is No Connected Camera” screen appeared. Searching for solution on Google, I found out some ones like a special commands in Terminal to fix this problem. I opened Terminal, began to type commands such as “sudo killall VDCAssistant” and “sudo killall AppleCameraAssistant” bun none of them had worked and Terminal responded with “No matching processes were found”. Restart didn’t solve the problem, as well as SMC and NVRAM reset!
having same problem. did you ever solve this?

torq campbell

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2020
definitely been dropped a time or two...so that might be it i guess. im an ignoramous. how would i install the os? thanks so much for replying. be well.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Since it's been dropped before, it could be a loose camera connection. You would need the proper screwdriver to remove the next bottom screws to get at the logic board.

I doubt it is an os problem.

What is the MacBook's model number?

Newburghbabyme

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2021
Under system report is where you'll find the model.

If the MacBook is a retina or an air, the camera cable is difficult to dislodge but possible.
Hi Audit13; Last year you helped a member who was having the following problem with their CAMERA NOT WORKING on the Macbook Pro 13" mid 2012. I have this Macbook Pro, just installed the Catalina OS. PRior to this date it had been used by a young son who might have dropped the book at least once. I wonder if the CAMERA cable is loosed or something I could try to fix myself, like a cable? Thank you for reading!

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi Audit13; Last year you helped a member who was having the following problem with their CAMERA NOT WORKING on the Macbook Pro 13" mid 2012. I have this Macbook Pro, just installed the Catalina OS. PRior to this date it had been used by a young son who might have dropped the book at least once. I wonder if the CAMERA cable is loosed or something I could try to fix myself, like a cable? Thank you for reading!
It's difficult to replace the camera cable because it enters the screen housing at the bottom, runs along the side and over to the camera.

I suggest removing the bottom cover, disconnecting the battery, and looking for loose connections, loose parts, and other signs of damage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.