Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emw

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
Just snapped these pictures here a little bit ago as a single patch of storm clouds blew through. Thought it was a very interesting appearance for a cloud; apparently some hail came from this system, although not at our house.

Storm%20Cloud%201.jpg

Storm%20Cloud%202.jpg

Storm%20Cloud%203.jpg

Any other good weather shots out there? Of course, that implies these are good, which they're really not as I was rushing so I didn't soak my camera... :eek:

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Cool shots.. I love seeing strange and unusual clouds.

You might think about submitting them to cloudappreciationsociety.org. Or at least check out the cool shots they have over there.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Where was that at?

We had an intense storm system move through central Illinois last night. Tornadoes touched down ot the west of us.

Since that appears to be dusk I would say you are further west than we are?

emw

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
dpaanlka said:
Where was that at?

We had an intense storm system move through central Illinois last night. Tornadoes touched down ot the west of us.

Since that appears to be dusk I would say you are further west than we are?
I took the pictures in Schaumburg around 10:00 this morning. Apparently it was a very isolated system.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Those clouds look so ominous and eerie. Ick. I miss summer and summery sunshine. :(

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I love that cloud, especially how it just seems to stop at an edge abruptly rather than dissipating slowly away.

pdpfilms said:
You might think about submitting them to cloudappreciationsociety.org. Or at least check out the cool shots they have over there.

Wow, they have one of those?

I think I might submit my duck.

Attachments

• Duck.JPG
    Duck.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 112

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Well that's one reason why I say it's a duck.......looks like a duck's face and beak to me.

Some people say it's a tale, and the rest is the body of a whale, but I don't get it.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
No clouds up here today :) y'know, I love living in england where the worst weather we get is a heavy downpour. But american storms always interest me. they just look so beautiful and unnatural. the closest I've seen to that was a massive "tunnel" cloud formation above Oldham once. It was pretty mental. It looked like an upside down trench, perfectly straight and all. about a minute later we had the worst thunder storm I've ever seen. Like what you americans get where it constantly strikes. was top! theres a huge story to go with that but today isn't the day.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Abstract said:
Well that's one reason why I say it's a duck.......looks like a duck's face and beak to me.
No, to me, I see a human face, facing right, in the center of that section I cropped.

Maybe I'm just tired....

Edit: area in oval is where I see eyes, nose, mouth, chin, and cheek.

Attachments

• headshot2.jpg
    headshot2.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 369

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Yeah, I see eyes and a mouth, but then I always saw that part that sticks out, and never thought it was strange that a duck had a beak AND a mouth. :p I still took it as a duck, but I can see why you see a human face in there.

emw

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
jsw said:
Am I the only one that sees a face in there?
Yes, and what's his hand doing?

To PBGPowerbook - Clouds in Seattle? How did you manage to capture such a rare event? :p

Cool picture. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.