Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
...the search for a new Spreadsheet Program begins? They, APPLE, nerfed Pages a couple of years ago. Honestly, I'm amazed Numbers lasted this long. I was pissed when I just opened a Numbers spreadsheet and all the nice orderlyness of a Numbers document just went poof with a recent update.

After I get over being pissed, I'll take another look at Numbers, to see if I can stomach it, but if it's like Pages, I'll be searching for a new spreadsheet app. I do casual stuff, but my first impression is that the old Numbers with it's inspector was just too convenient. I guess they want 3rd party developers to pick up the slack or just drive any serious work away from their platform. :mad:

Last edited:

Madmic23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
Thanks for the advice, I will. I assume with Google Sheets, you must be online to use it? For right now I've reverted to an older version of Numbers.

You can make any file available for offline use, so no internet connection is required. The file will automatically sync with your Google Drive once you're connected again.

Mainsail

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
I am a bit confused. The current version of Numbers has Inspector, which can be access from the View command. I understand that Numbers is not as fully functional or powerful as Excel, which most folks use at work, but for casual use, Numbers is just fine for me. i.e.. Budget, Lists, Labels, etc. Honestly, not sure what happened to create a major issue for the OP. Please elaborate so I can keep my eyes peeled for it. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.