Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M4pro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2024
I can pause and resume a podcast anytime.

Yes. Resume actually works now.

No more infinite spinning ball.

No more resorting to deleting and re-installing the Podcast app

Finally!

Fixing this one bug was in no way a big ask.

Can’t believe the iOS team waited until the version 18 release. lolz

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
+1 for Overcast. It also does something I could never get the Apple Podcast app to do: it keeps my chosen sort order instead of deciding it knows better what I want to listen to next.

Reactions: M4pro

HouseLannister

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2021
I prefer Pocket Casts by far. It’s on Mac, Android, Windows, Sonos, Alexa, and web. Works everywhere. And they are adding new features regularly. Overcast's feature set seems very dated by comparison. And the only thing Apple’s Podcasts app has going for it is the transcriptions.

Last edited:

heyyoudvd

macrumors regular
May 13, 2011
Have they fixed the “Mark as played” bug yet?

I haven’t tried 18.1 yet, but through the 18.0 betas and even until today, the Podcasts app has been utterly broken for me because it automatically marks unplayed podcasts as played, causing me to miss episodes in my feed.

That makes the app worthless to me and is pushing me to go third party.

4tune8chance

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Have they fixed the “Mark as played” bug yet?

I haven’t tried 18.1 yet, but through the 18.0 betas and even until today, the Podcasts app has been utterly broken for me because it automatically marks unplayed podcasts as played, causing me to miss episodes in my feed.

That makes the app worthless to me and is pushing me to go third party.
Yep I get this too, so annoying.

M4pro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2024
Wow. If Apple’s iOS team doesn’t insure basic features are working … what exactly are they doing???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.