Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falkon71

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2019
So yesterday, before my run, my third pair of powerbeats3 headphones wouldn't turn on. I ran through all the testing and troubleshooting, and sure enough this third pair is dead after only 7 months. Prior to this pair, I had a pair last me 13 months (Apply kindly replaced this pair out of warranty, since it wasn't my first incident). Prior to that pair, I had a pair last me for about 14 months.

I use them almost primarily for running, normally anywhere from 30 min to 2 hr every other day. I don't wear them in the rain.

Anyone else have this problem where these "premium" headphones die after a year or less?

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
So yesterday, before my run, my third pair of powerbeats3 headphones wouldn't turn on. I ran through all the testing and troubleshooting, and sure enough this third pair is dead after only 7 months. Prior to this pair, I had a pair last me 13 months (Apply kindly replaced this pair out of warranty, since it wasn't my first incident). Prior to that pair, I had a pair last me for about 14 months.

I use them almost primarily for running, normally anywhere from 30 min to 2 hr every other day. I don't wear them in the rain.

Anyone else have this problem where these "premium" headphones die after a year or less?
Yeah, that's been my history with my two pairs.

Had my first pair die within the first year. Chalked it up to something I must have done. Got a second pair on sale with some reward points to bring the price way down. They MIGHT have made it a year.

I just avoid that model of Beats entirely now.

Reactions: djino and Falkon71

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
Yip, I got through 2/3 pairs of these after being assured they’d fixed the issues with the version 2. My theory was that moisture was getting in to the remote during exercise as an early sign they were starting to go was when Siri would start to trigger of its own accord.

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
I have had 3 Beats products and they all seemed to crap out on me after one year of use. Just like OP, my Studio3s died 13 months out, thus avoiding warranty. My replacement Studio3s crapped out just outside of Apple's replacement warranty. My Powerbeats also died 14 months in.

I will never purchase another Beats products again. Now, enjoying my APM's~

Reactions: djino

razmonster

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2017
11372↔️90254
im on my third pair of PBP and it's frustrating. my first two pairs apple kept replacing. my left earbud sometimes works sometimes doesnt. itll even say they are both charged 100%. its so ****** because its always a surprise when i go to the gym if they both will work. now i just carry my APP when i go. it sucks because they dont stay jn my ear when i start to sweat

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.