Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ada_a

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2017
Hi everyone,

I've (re)bought to my employer the Macbook I was using as a professionnal machine.

I wanted to clear everything on it as it is suppose to become a personal one, so I have created a bootable install usb drive and formatted my hard drive before installation.

I installed then mac os High Sierra and after the installation I get a strange screen saying " This mac can be remotely administrated by < name of the employer > ". Then the macbook relaunched and an admin account is existant but I've no way to create mine...

It is really strange since I've downloaded a fresh boot install app... Apparently this remote administration is installed at a deeper level in the mac (directly in the bootloader? Or reinstalled directly at configuration time?) How can I get rid of that and clear it once and for all? (I don't want to have to contact my employer every time I make a reinstall !)

Oddly enough when installing without internet connection, the problem seems not to occur and I can create an admin account...

Thanks.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi everyone,

I've (re)bought to my employer the Macbook I was using as a professionnal machine.

I wanted to clear everything on it as it is suppose to become a personal one, so I have created a bootable install usb drive and formatted my hard drive before installation.

I installed then mac os High Sierra and after the installation I get a strange screen saying " This mac can be remotely administrated by < name of the employer > ". Then the macbook relaunched and an admin account is existant but I've no way to create mine...

It is really strange since I've downloaded a fresh boot install app... Apparently this remote administration is installed at a deeper level in the mac (directly in the bootloader? Or reinstalled directly at configuration time?) How can I get rid of that and clear it once and for all? (I don't want to have to contact my employer every time I make a reinstall !)

Oddly enough when installing without internet connection, the problem seems not to occur and I can create an admin account...

Thanks.
You need to get your employer to remove the computer from their management system. You can't bypass it. If they've sold the computer to you, they should be glad to do this.

Reactions: hallux
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.