Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NRose8989

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
So there's really no reviews from trusted sites (at least that i know of?).

What do some of you guy/gals think of it?

I have a XTi but I'm thinking about selling it for a high end P&S because I don't foresee me getting into different lenses and/or changing them and I really don't like carrying a DSLR around but I do like having control over the photographs.

I'm leaning between this and the G10 (or G9, but I like having newer tech). I hear a lot of great things about the lumix but I don't think the lens has enough "range" if you will (24-60mm i think?)

and now since apple just added camera RAW support for the P6000, It's looking a lot more appealing.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
If you have a Mac, RAW from the P6000 won't work.

This is actually incorrect now that Apple released the 2.3 version of their camera support - both iPhoto and Aperture can read the wonky pseudo-RAW format.

I won't disagree with the other part of your post though. :D As good as their dSLRs are, they seem intent on shooting themselves in the foot in the P&S market in so many ways.

butterfly0fdoom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2007
Camp Snoopy
This is actually incorrect now that Apple released the 2.3 version of their camera support - both iPhoto and Aperture can read the wonky pseudo-RAW format.

I won't disagree with the other part of your post though. :D As good as their dSLRs are, they seem intent on shooting themselves in the foot in the P&S market in so many ways.

Ah, I didn't really follow any developments. I just initially heard NRW was designed to only work with Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.