Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Anyone have this camera or played with it?

It looks very impressive considering the price, and I'm considering replacing my month old Sony W290 with it, or just getting it as an additional camera. It has some great features I think, such as the superimpose 6 images into 1, sweep panorama, 20X Optical Zoom, and full 1080 HD Recording.

So any thoughts/opinions on it?

If someone does have it, how does it do with noise? Thats usually my biggest complaint with cameras.

BubbaJones

macrumors regular
May 13, 2004
East Coast
Love it

Nothing like posting a question and having to wait 8 months for a reply, huh? ;)

Anyway, I have the HX1. I bought it because it had 20x optical zoom, and recorded HD video. All of the reviews I had read on it were favorable, and they were correct. I love the camera. It's small, light, and takes great pictures and video.

I bought a 16GB Sony memory stick for it, and it will take thousands of pictures. The battery lasts a long time, even with a mix of photo and video shooting.

I like the facial recognition (where it will snap the shot when everybody is smiling), and the burst image capture (10 shots in one second).

I found it on the Sony site for about $100 less then other retailers (on sale for $350), so it made pulling the trigger on the purchase easy.

If your still looking for a camera (somehow I doubt it though), don't hesitate on the HX1. It's worth it.

blockburner28

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2009
New Orleans
Nothing like posting a question and having to wait 8 months for a reply, huh? ;)

Anyway, I have the HX1. I bought it because it had 20x optical zoom, and recorded HD video. All of the reviews I had read on it were favorable, and they were correct. I love the camera. It's small, light, and takes great pictures and video.

I bought a 16GB Sony memory stick for it, and it will take thousands of pictures. The battery lasts a long time, even with a mix of photo and video shooting.

I like the facial recognition (where it will snap the shot when everybody is smiling), and the burst image capture (10 shots in one second).

I found it on the Sony site for about $100 less then other retailers (on sale for $350), so it made pulling the trigger on the purchase easy.

If your still looking for a camera (somehow I doubt it though), don't hesitate on the HX1. It's worth it.
seems well above decent. Go for it follow your first mind :D

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

Ya, thanks. Actually I ended up going with a Sony DSLR, and I am VERY happy I did. It allows me to be able to do many many more different things and learn more about photography.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.