Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppc_michael

Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I got this new TLR, it's a Seagull GC-104. There's no thread size printed inside the lens cap like usual, so I looked in the manual, and the english-translated part says this:

"Can be provided with a lens hood and filter. The connector sizes of them are as follows: M34x0.5 thread type, or ø 36mm slip on type."

Can anyone make sense of that? I want to get a step-up ring so I can use my "screw-on" filters with this. Since I don't think(?) it would be called the "slip on type," I assume the important number here is M34x0.5, which I have never seen before.

Would this be 34mm do you think?

Thanks!

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I got this new TLR, it's a Seagull GC-104. There's no thread size printed inside the lens cap like usual, so I looked in the manual, and the english-translated part says this:

"Can be provided with a lens hood and filter. The connector sizes of them are as follows: M34x0.5 thread type, or ø 36mm slip on type."

Can anyone make sense of that? I want to get a step-up ring so I can use my "screw-on" filters with this. Since I don't think(?) it would be called the "slip on type," I assume the important number here is M34x0.5, which I have never seen before.

Would this be 34mm do you think?

Thanks!

I think it's 34mm, though I've never had a Seagull- my TLR of choice was the Mamiya C330, which had interchangeable lenses :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.