Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psycoperl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Happy Black Friday & Cyber Monday Weekend (AKA Wallet Draining Weekend 😊).

I am looking for a Thunderbolt Dock that would be compatible with my 2017 Macbook Pro (Intel Based) as well as a potential future purchase of a new MacBook.

I need to be able to support at least two external screens; multiple external HDD/SSD devices (both USB Type A and USB Type C), Ethernet Connection, my BluRay Drive (Which takes two USB Type A 3.1), and other USB A and C devices. I do not do digital photography on an SLR so I do not need SD Card Support.

My Current devices are:
Label Printer (USB-A), 4 External HDD/SSD (Combo of Type A & C connectors), Ext. Monitor, Scanner (USB 3.0 Type A), LG Ext. Bluray drive (which uses 2 USB-A 3.0 Connectors)

I am planning on adding on additional external monitor and possibly replacing the existing one.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G4
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Happy Black Friday & Cyber Monday Weekend (AKA Wallet Draining Weekend 😊).

I am looking for a Thunderbolt Dock that would be compatible with my 2017 Macbook Pro (Intel Based) as well as a potential future purchase of a new MacBook.

I need to be able to support at least two external screens; multiple external HDD/SSD devices (both USB Type A and USB Type C), Ethernet Connection, my BluRay Drive (Which takes two USB Type A 3.1), and other USB A and C devices. I do not do digital photography on an SLR so I do not need SD Card Support.

My Current devices are:
Label Printer (USB-A), 4 External HDD/SSD (Combo of Type A & C connectors), Ext. Monitor, Scanner (USB 3.0 Type A), LG Ext. Bluray drive (which uses 2 USB-A 3.0 Connectors)

I am planning on adding on additional external monitor and possibly replacing the existing one.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Satechi has a triple 4K display docking station with a black Friday discount code for 35% off

hjorte

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2023
The one in my signature fits your needs.

1701026947745.png

psycoperl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
The satechi doesn’t have much in the type c ports.
Where the sonnet tech appears to only have one hdmi.

psycoperl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
“I need to be able to support at least two external screens;… I am planning on adding on additional external monitor and possibly replacing the existing one”

If the sonnet has only one hdmi and no DisplayPort ports.

PaulD-UK

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2009
The downstream Thunderbolt port carries a Displayport signal. You just need USB-C to DP cable.

hjorte

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2023
“I need to be able to support at least two external screens;… I am planning on adding on additional external monitor and possibly replacing the existing one”

If the sonnet has only one hdmi and no DisplayPort ports.
It's got two spare Thunderbolt 4 ports ready for monitors with Thunderbolt input, or with USB-C input or by using adapters.

psycoperl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
It's got two spare Thunderbolt 4 ports ready for monitors with Thunderbolt input, or with USB-C input or by using adapters.
Hmm..ok. Haven't seen USB-C Monitors in the affordable zone. Will have to look at them.

Has anyone used the Anker 777 Thunderbolt Docking Station (Apex, 12-in-1) I came across this via a G****e search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.