Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dragon 2024

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2024
Since updating to Sequoia on Mac mini M1 (2020) my thunderbolt 2 external drives (connected through Apple's Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter) keep dropping at random times

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Since updating to Sequoia on Mac mini M1 (2020) my thunderbolt 2 external drives (connected through Apple's Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter) keep dropping at random times
Can you describe your set up in greater detail? Are the TB external drives chained or direct attach? Are the external drives bus powered? What is the make and model of the external drives or enclosures?

dragon 2024

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2024
Can you describe your set up in greater detail? Are the TB external drives chained or direct attach? Are the external drives bus powered? What is the make and model of the external drives or enclosures?
The TB external drives are daisy chained and are individually powered. They are in thenderbolt duo WD enclosures. The drives appear for a while when I reconnect the last in chain to the Mac mini but then after random times each one in the chain starts dropping out. This setup was working fine before updating to Sequoia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.