Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omikeyz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
Hi, I purchased a 3TB Time Capsule direct from Apple last year (April 2018) after my trusted 500mb Time Capsule was too small to carry on, it was about 8 years old and never let me down. From July '18 I have had my Time Capsule history completely wiped, Apple staff remoted in twice to my iMac and could find no issue to explain the problem. Months later they remoted in again as issues with the nearly $500 Time Capsule.

I had opened my cases with Apple and accused them of changing the case number so the length of the case would remain short. They failed to come to any conclusion why the errors on the Time Capsule were happening. I have about 22 Emails with dates and times of errors. I would love to hear from people that have had issues with the 3TB model. They refuse to take it back and give me a refund. I told them I refuse to rely on something that deletes backups.

I live in Victoria Australia and have a VCAT case next month. I have copied a couple of forum comments to show this device has issues. It has an intermittent software issue. Thanks in advance for anyone giving me info of the same problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.