Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MAW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
Los Angeles
hey all.

new to photography and on a budget and have a question.

just started playing around with imovie and video and would like to use some time lapse clips.

i currently have an old pentax optio s5i which in movie mode allows you to take multiple snapshots which it then keeps them all togethet in an .avi clip.
it works great save for the LOW 320x240 resolution!!

are there any point and shooters out there that allow you to take a string of pics in say like in burst mode without me having to hold down the shutter or babysitting the camera?

with the pentax, all i had to do was push the shutter(in this case the "record" button) and that was it.

i'd love to just set it, and forget it!!!

thanks for any help.:)

MAW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
Los Angeles
figured it out.....

well guys, thanks for nuthin'!!:D:D:D

jk.

but seriously, if any one has the same question or is just plain curious, i went with this and got it for just shy of $300 on amazon.

i guess the function i needed was called "intervalometer". so, yeah.

happy day!!:)

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
any video camera you hook up to iMovie can be told to take a time-lapse. Even (or especially) an iSight. I know that's not what you asked for, but if you've got a laptop you can take with your camera, then it is an option, a better option even, since you can tell it the exact delay you want between taking frames.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.