Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GJ999x

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
Hi all,

I've used Time Machine to back up my internal and an external harddrive in one go for several years. I now want to add a new external harddrive (so one external 4TB HD is used to time-machine-backup my 1tb internal and 2 1tb externals). The two externals are called 'Samsung_T1' and 'SSD love'

I've set this up like normal and Time Machine even offers me the option to exclude the second external 'SSD love' from the backup. However when i look at what is actually being backup up, its only the internal and the original external 'Samsung_T1'.

What am i missing and how can i get my backup disk to back up all three harddrives using Time Machine?

Hoping the screenshot below is useful - it includes all my OS details - you can see the contents of what is currently being backed up in the bottom right and i included a disk utility view so you can see the settings for the 'SSD love' HD that time machine currently apparently refuses to back up.

Many thanks all!

George

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.