Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyberbiker6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
Now that the iPhone 8 and X are out. I find myself wondering what next year‘s model will look like.

Will it merge the features of the 8 & X and add to them?

Will it be called the iPhone 9 or will Apple skip #9 and jump to 11?

The two-year agreement on my iPhone 7 doesn’t end until October 2018. I just hope Sprint will continue to buy half of the new model for locking in another two years.

BigAppleNYC123

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2017
Next year will see the iPhone 9 and 11. 9 will be the last iteration of the 6 6S 7 8 Lineage. And 11 will update the x. It is possible a smaller X will join the lineup.

cyberbiker6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
Next year will see the iPhone 9 and 11. 9 will be the last iteration of the 6 6S 7 8 Lineage. And 11 will update the x. It is possible a smaller X will join the lineup.

That sounds like a plan. Now I hope we start the page to start focusing on what features they will contain.

rkoshack

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
As mentioned already there will be no numbers next year

iPhone and iPhone Plus

cyberbiker6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014

Since the Galaxy 8 includes comparable features, I’m not sure Apple will find it practical to maintain a two-tier lineup, unless each year it develops new ‘gee-whiz’ features and makes the previous year’s upper tier features hand-me-downs to the lower tier.

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
Next year same design. Slightly better camera, faster chip, same ram. Slightly bigger battery to compensate for the rear 3D module so no better battery life. New colors.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
I don’t think Apple will have another phone that looks like the 6-8, I saw the other day they were coming out with a edge to edge lcd for the lower model of iPhone next year.

Reactions: Orangeman13
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.