Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
There seem to be a mini-plethora of games which state that they're Apple Watch compatible, but what i'm looking for is any that are actually any good and don't require to be used in conjunction with the phone.

You know the sorta game, the ones where you've 5 min minutes to blow whilst sitting down, contemplating life, doing something 'natural' and - well, do I need to draw a picture for y'all? :D

So, anyone got any good recommendations for just such a game?

Reactions: Senfinger

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Pics of "something natural" or GTFO. ;)

I have two --

Rules!, which is a fun little diversion -- On the watch, you get four tiles with numbers and pictures, and you tap them according to whatever Rule it tells you (like, "Tap in ascending order"). Then you get to the next step, and it adds another Rule on top of the first one ("Tap all mammals"), and then the next step (say, "Tap odd numbers"), etc, so as you go along, you still have to remember all the previous Rules it told you (so in this sequence, by the third screen, you tap just the odd numbers [which disappear] then the mammals [which, if they're there, disappear next] then ascending order [again, whatever is left over]).

Alien Invasion is a throwback to the old LCD watch games. It's got Game A and Game B, and B is just faster than A. You use the Digital Crown to move your ship side to side and capture aliens. I think the developer has a couple other similar games, too.

One other non-action game I've noodled with is the one where you communicate with a stranded astronaut (I forget the name offhand). I think it'll run without a phone connection, but I'm not sure, and I don't have either the watch or phone with me here at work.

Reactions: TiggrToo

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012

I have two --

Rules!, which is a fun little diversion -- On the watch, you get four tiles with numbers and pictures, and you tap them according to whatever Rule it tells you (like, "Tap in ascending order"). Then you get to the next step, and it adds another Rule on top of the first one ("Tap all mammals"), and then the next step (say, "Tap odd numbers"), etc, so as you go along, you still have to remember all the previous Rules it told you (so in this sequence, by the third screen, you tap just the odd numbers [which disappear] then the mammals [which, if they're there, disappear next] then ascending order [again, whatever is left over]).

Alien Invasion is a throwback to the old LCD watch games. It's got Game A and Game B, and B is just faster than A. You use the Digital Crown to move your ship side to side and capture aliens. I think the developer has a couple other similar games, too.

One other non-action game I've noodled with is the one where you communicate with a stranded astronaut (I forget the name offhand). I think it'll run without a phone connection, but I'm not sure, and I don't have either the watch or phone with me here at work.
Life line

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017

You really don't want pictures, I'm a telling you! :eek:

Yeah, I played with that when it was out on my old Nexus 6 and didn't think much of it. But now you come to mention it - and I got to thinking - it does sound like it could be a better game almost on a Watch.

Interesting. :cool:

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
Rules!, which is a fun little diversion

Rarely, oh so very rarely, do I purchase an app at full price, rather I wait for it to go on sale. In this case I took a gamble and splurged my 3 shekels without waiting, and boy, am very happy I did.

BarracksSi, you hit the nail on the head with this game and it's exactly what I was looking for! :D

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.