Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eret9616

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2021
I have a MacBook Pro 16" 2019 in Monterey 12.0.1, and an Ipad pro-2021 mini led in ios 15.1,

I'm sensitive to PWM, use any OLED iPhones, feel extreme eye strain under the PWM iphone, currently using an iPhone 11, maybe this called sensitive eye, I had laser eye surgery to improve my eyesight 5 years ago

the MacBook Pro screen is 60hz and iPad pro-2021 has pro motion, when I use wireless Sidecar to extend my display, I feel uncomfortable and tired,

After disabling pro-motion in ipad, I feel much comfortable,

I mean this is only in sidecar, I really enjoy the promotion in my iPad but not in sidecar

Last edited:

metapunk2077fail

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2021
Sidecar is a Rec 709 video stream. It's not a true display device so the quality and refresh rate isn't the same as the native iPadOS interface on the iPad.

ASX

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2021
The refresh rate with sidecar is?
Pwm is not only with sidecar annoying ;). I use beside my iphone 13 pro, mainly a xiaomi mi 11 with dc dimming instead of pwm. I use the iphone mostly for photos and when i need a smaller phone sometimes.

Xiaomi and other China brands are able to implementate dc dimming into their amoled equipped phones but apple with same amoleds isn't able to the same. Pretty big fail.

I cant use pwm displays a longer time. Means after a few minutes it's enough for me.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: metapunk2077fail
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.