Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mathias Denichi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2013
I have photoshopped a to scale comparison of the 10.5 iPad pro vs the 12.9 iPad pro to get an idea of screen size.
GNqYDLW.jpg

Source for size:
Ipad 10.5 - https://www.piliapp.com/actual-size/ipad-pro-10.5/
Ipad 12.9 - https://www.piliapp.com/actual-size/ipad-pro/

Diving Capers

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2017
Thanks for that.

I particularly like the 3rd image (portrait 10 v landscape 12) it really shows how good the 12.9 will be with ios11 when multitasking.

My 12.9 is scheduled for delivery between 18-25 Aug :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The best to way to get to understand the size differences is to visit your apple store, and try both out. Until you hold the 12.9 in your hands you just don't really get sense of how big it really is.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
The best to way to get to understand the size differences is to visit your apple store, and try both out. Until you hold the 12.9 in your hands you just don't really get sense of how big it really is.

Or just buy a 12.9, learn to adjust, and don’t look back... that’s what I did! ;)

In all seriousness... sometimes I hear people talking about how much more portable the 10.5 is and I’m tempted to be jealous... but I just use it at home and I’m learning to adjust and the 12.9 is a better choice when I’m working with Remote Desktop apps :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Or just buy a 12.9, learn to adjust, and don’t look back... that’s what I did! ;)
I think the message is to try to figure out what model fits your needs the best before purchase.

but I just use it at home and I’m learning to adjust and the 12.9 is a better choice when I’m working with Remote Desktop apps
No doubt, but for me, adjusting wasn't that feasible because portability was high up on my list. Holdability was and is as well. I frequently use my iPad in my hands as opposed to on a desk. Because of that, the 10.5 is a better fit for my needs.

KUKitch

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
England

In all seriousness... sometimes I hear people talking about how much more portable the 10.5 is and I’m tempted to be jealous... but I just use it at home and I’m learning to adjust and the 12.9 is a better choice when I’m working with Remote Desktop apps :)

This first sentence is exactly right! Although I will say I was set on the 12.9 as soon as they announced it and never looked back, without any sense of adjusting! With regard to portability... from my perspective that's always a tough thing as people have SUCH different ideas about what it means. For me, the 12.9 weighing ~1.5 lbs is nothing, plus whatever the ASK adds to it.

My wife has an Air 2, and it's definitely super light, and feels like a toy even - but I don't know that I could go back to a smaller iPad at this point. I did love having a mini - but then I also had a full size iPad so that was something like the best of both worlds... however, given the choice, I'll have to stick with the 12.9 - especially given its power and the benefits of iOS 11 moving forward

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.