Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
If I got a Pentax for Christmas, wish me luck!;)

wishing you much luck! me, you, and kwajo.com can start a MR Pentax group! I love my K100D so, so, so, so, so much. I know yours will be just as good. And if you'll shoot RAW, get a big card. .PEFs are huge!!! also, no matter what you'll be shooting, get a a fast card. it's very necessary for Pentax's current lineup. lastly, browser and lab suck, except for the RAW conversion, which is actually great. I recommend iView media pro, considering the fact that the K100D's files don't work with aperture. happy shooting!
-wmmk

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
If you think PEFs are huge wait until you get a K10D and want to save to DNG.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
If you think PEFs are huge wait until you get a K10D and want to save to DNG.

wait, the K10D can shoot DNG? that is awesome! with the battery grip, you could do 4GB of storage, right? that seems pretty good, even if files are big!

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
Well I got it!

Thank God for Pentax's preview mode as of right now I don't have a memory card. I'm going to go pick one up tomorrow. I'm so pumped!!!:D

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
I got a cheap card. Good thing my girlfriend works at Office Max, huh? ;)

Here's just a little macro shot I took, there will be many many more coming from me!:D

Edit: sorry, I attached too big of a picture, but it's sized down now.

Attachments

• IMGP0087-smaler.jpg
    IMGP0087-smaler.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 87

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Well I got it!

Thank God for Pentax's preview mode as of right now I don't have a memory card. I'm going to go pick one up tomorrow. I'm so pumped!!!:D

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now you're in the same predicament as me: finding a good browser that's compatible with .PEF...
anyway, the supplied software should do you well for now. enjoy the SR, it's really, really nice.
again, major congrats!

P.S. does AEB work for you? it doesn't on my K100D

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now you're in the same predicament as me: finding a good browser that's compatible with .PEF...
anyway, the supplied software should do you well for now. enjoy the SR, it's really, really nice.
again, major congrats!

P.S. does AEB work for you? it doesn't on my K100D
I'm just shooting at jpeg, for now. Pentax's browser was too slow, but I want to shoot at jpeg anyhow.

I'm about to retire for the night, but I'll try and remember to check tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.