Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
Issue: Toggling Settings > Notifications > Mail > "Mail Account" > [Show Previews] between "Always" and "When Unlocked", causes all existing mail notifications to disappear from the Lock Screen as well as Notification Centre of the iPhone - including those mail notifications which have not been touched or opened. This is definitely not by design and is a bug.

Expected behaviour: Toggling any of the configuration under Settings > Notifications > Mail > "Mail Account" > [Show Previews] between "Always" and "When Unlocked" should not clear/ remove any of the existing mail notifications displayed on the from the Lock Screen as well as Notification Centre.

Last edited:

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Saw a post in one of the Fantastical threads that maybe a bug in Notifications (per Flexibits). So, yeah, maybe correct on that.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
I mean, if you’ve already noticed that they’ve gone, you’ve already been notified and they’re no longer needed... no?
The notifications are expected to remain till the user clicks on them. If the user performs any other unrelated activity, why should the notifications get cleared. If I agree to your logic, the. Opening an SMS message notification should clear notifications from all apps from notification centre because I have already been notified.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.