Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
As hopefully everyone has seen, I have been trying to bring back a photography assignment like the old monthly assignments. You can find the current thread here.

The rules that the community (who gave input) decided upon require future topics to be submitted and voted upon. The current topic, which runs until July 27, is Silhouettes.

If you are interested in participating in the Fortnightly Challenge, please suggest new topic ideas. The next challenge will run from July 28-Aug 11. Because of this, we need to get started on a new topic if this is going to continue. Hopefully we can have a handful of good topics in the next few days so we can bring it to a vote.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
I just spent 2 weeks at a camp. One of my responsibilities was to teach foreign language skills. "Alphabet" was the first thing that came to my mind for the next theme.

I love to think while I drive - it gives me something to do.

Another idea: Form & Color

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Hi.

There are two framing concepts that always fascinate me with their possibilities. One is Edges, subject mater at the extreme edge of the frame and the other is Isolation. Isolation can be taken to have a wide set of meanings like being alone or more abstract like one bright color against a background.

Dale

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Here's a few stimuli words of which I was given to do my exam work to in photography some time ago, I chose hidden and went into macro photography.

- Attached
- Hidden
- Faded
- Reflect
- Chromatic

Would be interesting to see what people come up with to one of these.

Luke.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
All right, I think we should give everyone until Fri July 24 at 5PM CDT to submit additional topics. Then tomorrow night, I will post a poll and we can vote on our next challenge topic. Thanks to everyone who submitted ideas.

John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.