Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Hi All,

We need another topic for our next fortnightly challenge that starts on Sunday. If you have a suggestion, post it here...

John

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Motion
Movement - This may have been a Weekly Contest topic some months ago. I forget.
Primary Colors - red, blue, yellow (traditional. Used in art.) or red, green, blue (The additive colors) being the dominate colors. We would have to decide on which to use. Look them up in Wikipedia. Or maybe not. Let the photographer decide.
Soft
Geometric Shapes

Dale

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
I like primary colors. I think we could either limit it to the three primaries or include the three additives. Would we limit it to true primary tones or allow something like "sky blue." My recommendation would be to limit it to true primaries.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Pure primary colors are a bit hard to find, but that was my thinking. Red is red and yellow is yellow, but there are a lot of tones of green and blue out there. Just stick with Primary Colors and see what users come up with. I think.

Still looking for more input.

Dale

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
I think Movement sounds good and I for one would certainly find it more accessible!

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
I too think Motion/Movement sounds great. Between freezing it and emphasizing it, there's lots of room for creativity.

Agreed, whereas some topics are black and white movement would offer more scope to do things and not a sort of copy cat thread where the originality can grow old quite quickly.

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
I'll go for movement also . While primary (or additive) colors are intriguing , finding subjects containing just the 3 might be too limiting.

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
Movement has my vote as well. If it were up to me, I would change "primary colors" to "color" for broad and simple interpretation.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I'll go for movement also . While primary (or additive) colors are intriguing , finding subjects containing just the 3 might be too limiting.
^ Agreed. My intent was to look for images that were dominated by any of the primary or additive colors. Not containing all three. That's way too tight.

Movement has my vote as well. If it were up to me, I would change "primary colors" to "color" for broad and simple interpretation.
^ I tossed out Color and Colorful several times in previous challenges. Where were you when I needed you? :)

Movement has the lead. Please offer your ideas for topics. The more the merrier.

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.