Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Topic -- Fortnightly Challenge -- March 5 thru March 18

Hi All,

John gave me authority to kick off the thread if he was running late. We need some time to chat about this, so....

"It is time to start discussing our next Fortnightly Challenge topic. Post your suggestions and please remember to vote as well".

Dale

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Here is the list of topics left off from the previous Challenge. Please remember to post your choices, whether you see them here or not, and vote by seconding what you want to work on.

Colorful

Musical

Twilight

Unnatural

Cancelation

Lomography

Repeating Elements

Light

Silhouette

Transportation

Perspective/POV

John is still the official owner of this thread. I fill in if he is too busy. Under our agreement I will open the next Fortnightly Challenge 48 hours after the close of the previous one. Comment if you think this is too long or whatever...

Dale :cool:

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Lots of interesting topics in that list. I think Perspective/POV in particular has lots of potential for a challenge thread.

Maybe even better than that would be Lomography...oh...wait...NOT. :p :D In all seriousness, I'm surprised to see it on the list since the last topic was our nod to its general aesthetic (or so I thought). :cool:

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Lots of interesting topics in that list. I think Perspective/POV in particular has lots of potential for a challenge thread.

Maybe even better than that would be Lomography...oh...wait...NOT. :p :D

Yes. When I was in college is the early '70s, one of our projects was to shoot at an unusual perspective. It forced us to look at the world differently.

I was going to suggest :eek:Paparazzi:eek: before I had my second cup to java...

Dale

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Poor Lomography...still can't catch a break:rolleyes:. Each to their own... I'll go ahead and throw a vote on silhouette. I've seen a few interesting ones lately and would like to see more. I know it can be difficult to execute correctly.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
I like "perspective." All of our images are from our perspective but I've never really thought about acknowledging that in some way in the image.

MEOW

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Discussion will remain open until 12:01am March 5, John time (Princeton, Minnesota). Feel free to post ideas, but we seem to be settling on Perspective/Point of View. Stating it like this could be interesting. It could be read as a different view of objects or a different view of life.

What do you think?

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Discussion will remain open until 12:01am March 5, John time (Princeton, Minnesota). Feel free to post ideas, but we seem to be settling on Perspective/Point of View. Stating it like this could be interesting. It could be read as a different view of objects or a different view of life.

What do you think?

Absolutely. That's the beauty of simple, conceptual phrases; they tend to be very open-ended. People should feel free to interpret them however they want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.