Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Since yesterday I was with my mother for Mother's Day yesterday, I did not get a new topic thread started. Our current challenge ends on May 15th so we should begin discussion on our new topic.

John

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Power
(anything around your town or city that makes it unique)
Land Marks (natural or man-made)
Colors
Frames
Extremes
Reflections
Spring
-anythingbutflowers. No Flowers. Nada. Zip. :eek:

Dale :cool:

AxisOfBeagles

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
Top of the South
Power
(anything around your town or city that makes it unique)
Land Marks (natural or man-made)
Colors
Frames
Extremes
Reflections
Spring
-anythingbutflowers. No Flowers. Nada. Zip. :eek:

Dale :cool:

COMPLETE agreement on the "no flowers" thing - regardless of topic. Even if the topic is flowers. ;-)

Really like 'My Town'. We have a great diversity of people in this forum, would be fun to see some local interpretations.

another topic suggestion if needed ... "Market". Interpret it any way you wish.

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
I'll go with My Town. Would be cool to see the environment that everyone is in and there's tons around D.C. to take pics of. Not that it's my town, just where I live for now.

CK Williams

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Las Vegas
I'll go with My Town. Would be cool to see the environment that everyone is in and there's tons around D.C. to take pics of. Not that it's my town, just where I live for now.

Talk about an unfair advantage, you should have to temporarily move to a less photogenic town. :D

Sounds like a good topic though.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Looks like I hit a sweet spot :).

Personally, I live in Spanaway. It is an unincorporated place in Pierce County, Washington. "My Town" but it's not really a town. I would shoot Tacoma, which is the nearest real Town/City.

Anyone else in a "My Town Isn't Exactly Where I Live" situation?

Dale

eng42ine

macrumors 68000
I'm a n00b to this forum, but I've been looking into what you guys have been doing with the photo of the day and fortnightly challenge, and I think that they are really cool ideas. The "My Town" idea is pretty cool, there are alot of cool things where i live down by the water, so hopefully I can contribute some good shots for consideration, if that's what's chosen.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Anyone else in a "My Town Isn't Exactly Where I Live" situation?

I live in Cleveland. Does that count???:D:D:D

Every place is a photo opportunity. I say that if you live in Spanaway then you have to shoot Spanaway.

I like "My town." I think it will add an interesting dimension to how we experience one another.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Note to all: Cleveland Ohio is not recognized as a place. (period). Photos of non places, and therfore the "My Town" of no one will be banned from the next Challenge.

Note to Bruce: You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Solon, Ohio.I looked

Seriously, we need to hash out how specific we are going to be with this. Is "My Town" my mailing address or the town I go to hang out? Why not either or both?

I have spoken...:cool:

Dale

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Cool, maybe this will push me to finally take a stab at a pano of 'The Strip'. I have wanted to shoot one since i started taking pics, but cant find a good vantage point given the lenses i have...

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Note to all: Cleveland Ohio is not recognized as a place. (period). Photos of non places, and therfore the "My Town" of no one will be banned from the next Challenge.

Note to Bruce: You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Solon, Ohio.I looked

Seriously, we need to hash out how specific we are going to be with this. Is "My Town" my mailing address or the town I go to hang out? Why not either or both?

I have spoken...:cool:

Dale

I do live in Solon and it is indeed a real place.

I think "how specific" is a non-question. We have never been rigid with the topic and I don't think we should start now. Personally, I am going to keep it to Solon to force me to think more critically and deliberately.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I do live in Solon and it is indeed a real place.

I think "how specific" is a non-question. We have never been rigid with the topic and I don't think we should start now. Personally, I am going to keep it to Solon to force me to think more critically and deliberately.

Yes. I get a bit hyper sometimes and sweat the details for no good reason. That's why John is in charge and I keep things organized when the topic thread starts to run amuck. The topic title should be My Town and left at that.

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.