Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
I'll throw out a few (sorry if done before):

-Lighting; ie lighting used in photos, affects the mood displayed by the photo, natural or photographer induced
-Water; broad topic, anything goes as long as H20 involved somehow

turugara

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2009
Pennsylvania
I'm going to have to go with

mtbdudex: -Lighting; ie lighting used in photos, affects the mood displayed by the photo, natural or photographer induced

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Flash + Ambient

Get some folks out of their comfort zones...

I'd feel better if I had a speedlite instead of just my T1i built in flash.
Been looking at the Speedlite-430EXII, $250 w/$30 off Canon rebate.
The Speedlite-580EXII may be overkill for my hobby/usage.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Culture and Lighting sound good. I like having more that one topic to shoot.

I don't think Trapped in an Apartment by Ten Days of Rain is photogenic...<:mad:>...

I tried </rain> but no go.

Dale

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Culture and Lighting sound good. I like having more that one topic to shoot.

I don't think Trapped in an Apartment by Ten Days of Rain is photogenic...<:mad:>...

I tried </rain> but no go.

Dale

I could try and do "culture and lighting", since I have 0 stock photos I'm always shooting these on the go.
Where Culture is defined as "Excellence of taste in the fine arts and humanities, also known as high culture" via
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture

This one also intrigues me for a future topic as well:
-high grain/high contrast B&W......or a variation involving that

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
That's the last time I'm nice to you - I'd always thought you were a fun guy.

Come on......... If your friends can't pick on you then who can? :D:D:D

I could try and do "culture and lighting"...... Where Culture is defined as "Excellence of taste in the fine arts and humanities, also known as high culture" via
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture

The less we define the theme the richer the interpretations and photos. I would want to see any meaning of culture.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Come on......... If your friends can't pick on you then who can? :D:D:D
That was my only chance to use the incredibly bad "Fun Guy (fungi) joke......I'm off to stand in the corner now to consider the culture of sarcasm and how to get it in a photograph :eek:

The less we define the theme the richer the interpretations and photos. I would want to see any meaning of culture.
I agree - its either that or pumpkins:eek:

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Ok, I'll let the engineer in me go the wayside and get my other side of brain alive!!

Growth is a wonderful thing... except for some fungal cultures. :D:D:D

That was my only chance to use the incredibly bad "Fun Guy (fungi) joke......I'm off to stand in the corner now to consider the culture of sarcasm and how to get it in a photograph :eek:

I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THAT ONE. I FEEL REALLY STUPID!!!!!!!!!!

You have to figure out "culture of sarcasm". That's easy. I have to figure out how to shoot "culture of stupidity." (There are some obvious political jokes in there, but I'll refrain. We can all fill in the blanks to suit our own biases).

I agree - its either that or pumpkins:eek:

Maybe the microbiologist in you can culture some kind of pumpkin fungus or mold. You might find poetic justice in that.
You would, of course, also have to find some food culture where that is a delicacy. Bummer.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
This is developing nicely. Current count is as follows:

Industry: 2
Culture: 3
Lighting: 3

Lighting is a key factor in all photos, so we don't really need it as a topic in itself.

Keep chatting. It keeps things interesting...

Dale

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
I'm going to close the topic debate at 9:00AM CST tomorrow (Fri) morning. Be sure to post your topic preference before then.

John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.