Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Hi All, It's that time again to pick a new topic for our challenge. I have been waiting for a good word of the day to show up on dictionary.com but have yet to see one this week that seems photogenic. If you have any suggestions for a topic let us have at them and discuss.

John

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
Maybe something Halloween themed. I can't think of anything specific off the top of my head but if I come up with something I'll post it.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Hi, John.

It's fall in the NorthWest. How about Dull/Grey/Rainy/Depressing/IfIDontSeeSunI'mGonnaCry...

Honestly what about Still Life or the thesaurus variations of "Unusual"?

Unusual: uncommon, abnormal, atypical, unexpected, surprising, unfamiliar, different; strange, odd, curious, out of the ordinary, extraordinary, unorthodox, unconventional, outlandish, singular, special, unique, peculiar, bizarre; rare, scarce, few and far between, thin on the ground, exceptional, isolated, occasional, infrequent; informal weird, offbeat, out there, freaky.

Dale

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Maybe something Halloween themed. I can't think of anything specific off the top of my head but if I come up with something I'll post it.
As long as we don't chose "Pumpkin" then I'm cool.
Right now the word of the day is aesthete \ES-theet\ , noun:
1.One having or affecting great sensitivity to beauty, as in art or nature.

Its a tough one.

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
Hi, John.

It's fall in the NorthWest. How about Dull/Grey/Rainy/Depressing/IfIDontSeeSunI'mGonnaCry...

Honestly what about Still Life or the thesaurus variations of "Unusual"?

Unusual: uncommon, abnormal, atypical, unexpected, surprising, unfamiliar, different; strange, odd, curious, out of the ordinary, extraordinary, unorthodox, unconventional, outlandish, singular, special, unique, peculiar, bizarre; rare, scarce, few and far between, thin on the ground, exceptional, isolated, occasional, infrequent; informal weird, offbeat, out there, freaky.

Dale

I like this, I think "atypical" would be a good one

mikshayne

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2009
Dallas, TX
I dunno....I kinda like aesthete. Seems like this describes an artist....photos of an artist...or the creation of art....could be interesting.

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
With the release of this new batch of High ISO Cameras that can "See in the Dark..."

....I propose we shoot Ghosts! I think we should be (or the camera should be) able to see the metaphysical, paranormal now....I think I actually saw one on Cnet's ISO 102,600 shot yesterday...not sure though;)

J

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
With the release of this new batch of High ISO Cameras that can "See in the Dark..."

....I propose we shoot Ghosts! I think we should be (or the camera should be) able to see the metaphysical, paranormal now....I think I actually saw one on Cnet's ISO 102,600 shot yesterday...not sure though;)

J

When we hit 9 digit ISOs we will be able to see forward and backward through time. Now that will be very cool. I think Canon has one scheduled for release next year.

As for the topic. I'll like anything that invites broad interpretation. I like pumpkins and still life images might be interesting but I prefer "fuzzy" themes. When John started this challenge we threw out things that form and color, texture, depth, etc. I would like to see such a theme every 3rd or 4th challenge.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
When we hit 9 digit ISOs we will be able to see forward and backward through time. Now that will be very cool. I think Canon has one scheduled for release next year.

Would that put it on the shelves yesterday?

I would like to stick to something like "depth" or whatever every now and then, also. An obviously photographic topic.

Dale

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
The new thread is up with the topic of "eerie" Hopefully this works a middle between a Halloween topic and a more challenging "depth" of something like it.

John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.