Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thasan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
Hi all,
I used to use xtrafinder but then had to abandon it as I never managed to make the system tweak required (SIP).
Then I moved to totalfinder which was as awesome as xtrafinder. this one worked without any issue.
Now that I reinstalled my Mac yesterday to high Sierra and wanted to see whether I should buy total finder, I found that they say we need to permanently disable SIP in Mojave.

Do you guys know of any similar alternative that will work in Mojave?
the finder in Mac OS X is so bad that its suffocating for me :(

Many thanks!

thasan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
I use PathFinder which works well and does not require SIP to be turned off. They have a free trial you can try.
Whoa! Thanks!
looks much more complicated (and with more functions) than xtrafinder or totalfinder.
Will give it a go. Thanks! Hope I don't get burned with Mojave :) Are you using it on High Sierra or Mojave Beta?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I'm not using Mojave as I only have this one machine for our ministry and can't afford to beta test with it. PathFinder works great with High Sierra. It has also been my experience that the developers of PathFinder are very diligent in keeping up with macOS upgrades. Since they have a free trial, you've nothing to lose by giving it a try.

Reactions: thasan

thasan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
I'm not using Mojave as I only have this one machine for our ministry and can't afford to beta test with it. PathFinder works great with High Sierra. It has also been my experience that the developers of PathFinder are very diligent in keeping up with macOS upgrades. Since they have a free trial, you've nothing to lose by giving it a try.
Yep. It has a lot of customisations. A bit too much for me to understand whats going on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.