Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Fly (film)

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Ireland
So I've owned a number of transparent cases over the years and they all yellowed to a colour other than transparent. I'm specifically talking about flexible transparent cases (i.e. TPU martial).

Their claim: totallee on their website claim their flexible iPhone 12 transparent TPU case won’t yellow over time. I find their claim difficult to believe. Has anyone here any experience with with prior transparent totallee cases? Not matte.

Did they yellow for you. There are a few transparent hard plastic cases out there that claim they won't yellow over time and I do believe most of those claims. I have just never seen a flex one that was transparent that did not yellow and I've owned a few.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Thermoplastic polyurethane, by chemical design, will yellow over time. It's a BS claim to say they won't yellow unless other materials or chemicals are being used to slow down the chemical process and even then, it is just slowing the process. Ultraviolet light over time causes the molecules which make up the plastic to break down and react with each other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.