Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
Is this it? If so, it has a totally different feel and tone than Apple's North American adverts!

Apple Japan has taken a total different and animated approach for its first ever “Behind The Mac” campaign. The ad follows the same format using found clips and stills, but the difference is that all the segments are drawn from existing anime films and series. Your Name, Weathering With You, SSSS.Gridman, New Game, Mr. Osomatsu, Sgt. Frog, Terror in Resonance, The Perfect Insider and The Wonderland are all featured, to the soundtrack of I am Shujinko (I am the Main Character) by Japanese singer-songwriter Kaho Nakamura. The result is meta, showing no actual Macs but fictional characters using their Macs. Some feature the Apple logo, others replace it with their own adaptations of the bitten apple icon, yet all are celebrated by the brand as worthy tributes. It also calls out to Japan’s creative community and students – the main target for this campaign – showing depictions of Apple’s wares in Japan’s most beloved storytelling format. It concludes with a message that loosely translates as “Beyond the Mac, new stories are born one after another. A story that is not yet in this world. Come on, you too.” Song: I am Shujinko (I am the Main Character) by Kaho Nakamura

Last edited:
Reactions: Alvin777

Alvin777

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Thanks. Paid is alright too, it costs less compared to when a hacker gets your banking password or downtime at a crucial deadline.

What's the paid one you use?

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
The only free VPN I would trust is your own OpenVPN server in the Tokyo region of the Amazon Web Service free tier. It will only be free for a limited amount of network traffic per month, but that might be enough to watch what you want. If you want heavy use you will need to go with a paid VPN anyway.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
so they can likely monetize it. Very few things are "free". You get what you pay for.
Until proven guilty ...
"Personal Data is Optional
You can create a Windscribe account without sharing a shred of your personal information. We don't collect any identifying data: you don't have to provide us a name or email address, and you can pay us with crypto to ensure your anonymity. Together we can ensure that all of your identifying information remains yours, and yours alone.

Of course if you want to use your email address, we won't say no, and we guarantee that the only thing your information will be used for is hilarious emails, newsletter updates and give the ability to reset your password if you forget it. We believe the only right way to make money is to make it by creating a product that is so good, you actually want to pay for it. Therefore, we will never sell the information you willingly provide us to anyone, under any circumstances."
https://windscribe.com/ethics

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
I’ve just logged into my free TunnelBear account and it appears to offer 3GB of traffic now.
TunnelBear.jpg

PieceOfCake

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2022
Hello Mac friends, if there is, what's the best totally free (not a trial, not demo) but decent to very good VPN for macOS?

Thank you.

May your sunday be blessed.
Hi Alvin,
I can recommend you this video from techlore. It presents free VPNs from a security perspective and explains how they are financed. Maybe you can choose one of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.