Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrembry

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2017
Hey everyone! So I love using the text editing features that appear on the touch bar when typing in Pages, Word, or other text boxes that allow for the use of bold, italicized, underlined, and other text editing and customization features. For some reason, though, MacOS doesn't show these tools on the Touch Bar in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides. It DOES show them when composing an email in Gmail, though. Does anyone know why I experience this or if there is a way to fix this? I would really love to get more use of the touch bar in Docs. The Touch Bar even gives me these features in the text box for this post...

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Hey everyone! So I love using the text editing features that appear on the touch bar when typing in Pages, Word, or other text boxes that allow for the use of bold, italicized, underlined, and other text editing and customization features. For some reason, though, MacOS doesn't show these tools on the Touch Bar in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides. It DOES show them when composing an email in Gmail, though. Does anyone know why I experience this or if there is a way to fix this? I would really love to get more use of the touch bar in Docs. The Touch Bar even gives me these features in the text box for this post...

It works on chrome browser but google have yet to add it for their docs software as far as I can tell. Each individual developer will have to add it to their software for it to work Mac OS has no control of other people’s software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.