Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kenjo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2017
this question may seem a bit old. but I just recently updated my ios with the buggy touch id.

will updating to the 10.3 beta fix this issue? cannot downgrade either since apple stopped signing the older versions

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
this question may seem a bit old. but I just recently updated my ios with the buggy touch id.

will updating to the 10.3 beta fix this issue? cannot downgrade either since apple stopped signing the older versions
What issues are you having exactly? Have you tried any type of troubleshooting?

Kenjo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2017
What issues are you having exactly? Have you tried any type of troubleshooting?

at first the registration for my thumb (right hand) worked with no issues. but these are the ones im experiencing so far

- cannot register a second fingerprint. the last registration it read my thumb when registering. but it wont let me get pass the last registration where there are only 3 marks remaining in the thumb display
- wont read my registered fingerprint 80% of the time.
-

issues
-

- tried with my other thumb (left hand) still wont let me register
- tried to reset phone. problem still persists.
- tried to remove my first registration (right hand thumb) and out of knowhere i cannot register it anymore.
- tried to clean both of my hands and the home button suddenly my right hand thumb works. still, cannot register for a second fingerprint registration.
- left hand thumb still wont register even after I cleaned the home and my hand.

i am also an android user with a fingerprint scanner features and i dont seem to have any problems with them so it should be because of my fingers.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
at first the registration for my thumb (right hand) worked with no issues. then i started registering the same thumb and it doesnt let me get past the last thumb registration. reason is it won't recognized my thumb for about 80%.

- tried with my other thumb (left hand) still wont let me register
- tried to reset problem still persists.
- tried to remove my first registration (right hand thumb) and out of knowhere i cannot register it anymore.
- tried to clean both of my hands and the home button suddenly my right hand thumb works. still, cannot register for a second fingerprint registration.
- left hand thumb still wont register even after I cleaned the home and my hand.

i am also an android user with a fingerprint scanner features and i dont seem to have any problems with them so it should be because of my fingers.
Have you tried resetting all settings or perhaps restoring as new?

Kenjo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2017
Have you tried resetting all settings or perhaps restoring as new?

i tried resetting and the problem still persists. I am afraid of restoring because it might delete my only 1 registered fingerprint and I might not be able to register it again

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
i tried resetting and the problem still persists. I am afraid of restoring because it might delete my only 1 registered fingerprint and I might not be able to register it again
If you think it's potentially broken to that degree then contacting Apple might be the only option left.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.