Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhiskaBiscuit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
I have an iPad Pro 10.5 (A1701) and it's driving me up the wall. The touch screen is not responding how it should anymore. I notice this mostly in Safari, because that is the main app I use but I think it is happening everywhere.

If I’m using the screen to touch-type, the on screen keyboard seems to not respond to a “touch”, so much so it is almost impossible to jot out a quick sentence or even an email address. I’m positive I’m hitting the right spot on the screen. It’s a night and day difference when using my iPhone.

And the same problem occurs when tapping icons on the home screen. Sometimes I get no response at all. It is also very noticeable when scrolling through a web page. Sometimes the page gets “stuck” where I have my finger on the screen swiping up and down and instead of the page tracking with my finger, the entire thing is stuck.

In short, it’s basically unusable. I did a complete reset (restore to new iPad) without restoring a back up and the problem went away. A month later the problem is happening again. I shouldn’t have to keep resorting to a factory reset. If there is a piece of software that is causing this to be an issue, I’m sure I can live without it, but how the hell do I identify it in the first place.

Have you experienced this “sticky” issue before? Know any solutions? I’m begging you for help!

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I'm on my second IPP and I noticed that the screen on the second one feels different. Possibly you have one of those were the screen becomes unresponsive. So far mine isn't bad like you described but I've seen post about the same thing. Right now I try to keep the screen clean. But from the touch I thought both that I've own were slightly different.

You can take it back to Apple and see what they will say or do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.