Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willybNL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
The touchbar button behaves differently in High Sierra after pressing it.
Since I've installed high sierra, the volume bar doensn't automatically restore to the default bar, but stays until you hit the X.

Anyone an idea how I can revert that change since High Sierra?

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Since I've installed high sierra, the volume bar doensn't automatically restore to the default bar, but stays until you hit the X.

This is not my experience at all. Is it possible you fiddled with the TB settings anyhow?

Also, which High Sierra build are you on? I ask this specifically because I am on 10.13.2 beta 2, and for the first time in my year-on ownership of the device, this update from 10.13.2 beta 1 to beta 2 erased my Touch ID fingerprints from the device completely, which was an unexpected bafflement.

See if you can install fresh, something might have been corrupted somehow.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015

Happens here, too - wish I could revert.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Here.

Attachments

• volume_springback_10.13.2.gif
    volume_springback_10.13.2.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 202
Reactions: willybNL

smbu2000

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2014
I believe it is only if you tap it individually (e.g. tap volume up or volume down) then it will stay until you press the "X" to close it. If you slide it with your finger (like the example above) then it will disappear back to the main bar after you let go.
It's the same with the screen brightness setting.

This is on my 2016 (15"/2.7/16gb/512gb/455) mbp on 10.13.1. Should be the same though.

Reactions: macintoshmac

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I believe it is only if you tap it individually (e.g. tap volume up or volume down) then it will stay until you press the "X" to close it. If you slide it with your finger (like the example above) then it will disappear back to the main bar after you let go.
It's the same with the screen brightness setting.

This is on my 2016 (15"/2.7/16gb/512gb/455) mbp on 10.13.1. Should be the same though.

You nailed it. My usual use case is always touch and slide, so I was left wondering that while I have had that experience, I do not face that particular issue on a daily basis. This is why, since I do not tap and slide, I touch and slide without lifting my finger off.

willybNL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Also, which High Sierra build are you on? I ask this specifically because I am on 10.13.2 beta 2, and for the first time in my year-on ownership of the device, this update from 10.13.2 beta 1 to beta 2 erased my Touch ID fingerprints from the device completely, which was an unexpected bafflement.

Thanks!

I'm on the production version, 10.13.1.

I've discovered the hold-and-change one, though sometimes I'm lazy and just push it.

On Sierra when the touchbar goes into black-mode you come back in the normal menu (eg. you can hit ESC directly). Noticing it especially when watching Netflix in Safari, as at the end of the movie I always hitted ESC to drop out of full-screen, and now I always need to hit the X.

Reactions: macintoshmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.