Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Terjemk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2016
Hi,

The last couple of days my trackpad and keyboard has become unresponsive on my MB Air mid 2014. I have installed Sierra Beta some time ago, worked fine for months. Here are the symptoms and remedies I have tried.

Both the trackpad and keyboard work fine at the login screen. As soon as logged in the cursor moves to teh top left and does not respond. Neither does keyboard. USB keyboard and mouse work just fine.

I have tried:
1. Zap pram and sdc
2. Created another user without any change.
3. Started in safe mode.
4. Uninstalled all ekstra software I have installed latest month.
4. Deleted ALL .plist in library/preferences

The mac also turns off when i put the lid down and let it go to sleep, aftger a few minutes i can here the chime. This has never happened before.
Also when i try to wake the mac it takes at least 3-5 min before it responds. First I thought is was all dead but after doing this a couple of times it always wakes up after a few minutes.

So, does anyone know what I can do. The official support site is down. And as far as I can tell this cannot be a hardware issue as long as the trackpad and keyboard work before login?

Any help would be appreciated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.