Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
So, this may be a long shot, but I just bought the iPhone 6s about a month ago and I kind of regret it... The screen is just too low res and the battery isn't very good at all. Is there anyway I can trade it in for a 6s plus? It's from Verizon, so I might have to go through them... Could I take it to the Apple Store even though it's from Verizon? Is there anyway, or is am I too late?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
So, this may be a long shot, but I just bought the iPhone 6s about a month ago and I kind of regret it... The screen is just too low res and the battery isn't very good at all. Is there anyway I can trade it in for a 6s plus? It's from Verizon, so I might have to go through them... Could I take it to the Apple Store even though it's from Verizon? Is there anyway, or is am I too late?
You're past the window. You could sell it privately or give it a go at Verizon . However I think the battery on the 6s is pretty good; so I'm not sure if your expectations that a 6s+ Is better suited is a good bet.

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
You're past the window. You could sell it privately or give it a go at Verizon . However I think the battery on the 6s is pretty good; so I'm not sure if your expectations that a 6s+ Is better suited is a good bet.
It's mostly just the screen... But I guess I could a tablet for movies and stuff.

MetalMatt24

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
when I first got my iphone 6......5 days later, I posted an ad on craigslist.....my at&t 64gb space grey iPhone 6 for your at&t space grey 64gb iPhone 6 plus.......It took a few days, but someone that had at&t finally got back to me, all we did was trade phones, and switch sim cards......I gave him $120 extra and have been very happy ever since

slvr_srfr

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2015

Check with your credit card company who may allow a return past the merchant's return window.

I know for mine they provide up to $500.00
https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/return-guarantee.html

Last edited:

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
You can go the Craigslist route and add money to trade with someone. You can also have a carrier buy out your contract and you give them your 6s and get the plus from them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.