Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
hello
Likely this is the question people already discussed but I would like to have your advice on this subject as well.
I have iPad 3, MacBook and iPhone X.
I need to copy some video stuff from one device to another. Not a huge size but like some small clip. E.g. I downloaded some clip from Vimeo on my phone and now have to have it on MacBook.
What utility would you recommend me for that?
Should I buy something in App Store? Could I use 'free' stuff or etc?
I tried to use iTunes for that but it does not see my video clip downloaded from Vimeo.
Btw I have 256 gb on iPhone and only a few available gb on iPad hence it should be handy as well.
Looking for your experience and advise
Thanks

Arni99

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
Vienna, Austria
iCloud drive - just add your downloaded video to icloud drive and you will have it on all your apple (and windows) devices.
Prerequisite - icloud drive is enabled on all devices.

Reactions: Susja

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
I would just go to Vimeo on my Mac and download it to the Mac.
I like that idea.
I opened that clip on the Mac but I don't see the option to download it.
Does Vimeo have app for Vimeo on Mac? How could I download it to Mac?
iCloud drive - just add your downloaded video to icloud drive and you will have it on all your apple (and windows) devices.
Prerequisite - icloud drive is enabled on all devices.
Well ... I am still confused and kind of lost
From Vimeo on my X I selected Library - Offline - Share - Save to files - iCloud Drive - Desktop and saved it there.
Than. I checked that it saved as text file with 94 Kb.
What I did wrong?
Thanks

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
I think the owner of the movie have to make them available for download outside the Vimeo app on the Vimeo website. Vimeo app just download the inside of the app for viewing offline, you can't do anything with the video itself.

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
I like that idea.
I opened that clip on the Mac but I don't see the option to download it.
Does Vimeo have app for Vimeo on Mac? How could I download it to Mac?

Well ... I am still confused and kind of lost
From Vimeo on my X I selected Library - Offline - Share - Save to files - iCloud Drive - Desktop and saved it there.
Than. I checked that it saved as text file with 94 Kb.
What I did wrong?
Thanks
Usually, there will be a link towards the bottom right of the page that says “download.” It’s not a button on or around the video.

If you were able to download it to your iPhone, the owner of the video probably hasn’t changed the settings to prevent downloading on a Mac.
[doublepost=1511477702][/doublepost]
I think the owner of the movie have to make them available for download outside the Vimeo app on the Vimeo website. Vimeo app just download the inside of the app for viewing offline, you can't do anything with the video itself.
I don’t know if it works the same way for everyone, but my pro account on Vimeo has download turned on by default. I have to select the option and turn it off each time I add a video if I want to prevent downloading.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.