Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I have a big collection of songs in iTunes in SnowL. Recently I've installed an SSD drive on my iMac with Yosemite and i want to transfer the collection there (on the Yosemite iTunes). How should i do this transfer so that i don't loose the music list attributes that are set on the SL iTunes version?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Thanks John but this is not what i want to do. I dont want to have my music on a diff drive, i want to have my iTunes songs to Yosemite wich is located on a second ssd drive on my iMac.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I will format the SnowL hard drive, the ssd drive will be my primary drive. I will not operate iTunes from SnowL, i want all the songs to be on my Yosemite iTunes with all the attributes (rating, date added etc.) that were given in SnowL iTunes.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
I'd think just booting SL, then dragging the your SL music folder over to replace the Yosemite music folder.
Then booting under Yosemite and starting iTunes would get all the attributes, playlists etc over where you want them.
If you don't want to move the music to the SSD, then simply holding down the option key while starting Yosemite's version of iTunes, will let you select your old music library, and update it to a Yosemite compatible version, on your old HDD.

Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Thanx Partron22, i guess i will transfer all of my music on the SSD but how can i know for sure that the way u describe (by copying the folder) will do it for sure?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.