Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
How can i transfer VoiceMemo files/recordings to my iMac from my iPhone?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Suppose i don't want to sync, can i still locate them?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Dont have any of these... what do i do? The files are larger than 25mb and i can't send them through Yahoo mail.

Download Documents 5 by Readdle - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-5-file-manager-pdf/id364901807?mt=8

Import to it using the share sheet, then in Documents 5, turn on the Wi-Fi Drive and type the IP on a web browser in the Mac (It's going to ask about connecting to DAV, just hit OK). Do a right-click and Download Linked file.

It'll show up in the iTunes File Sharing section too otherwise.

Last edited:

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Jessica, i dont understand how to import voice memo files to Documents5, i dont see the option in Share!

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Ok i saved an iOS Note file, but how do i open it in "macOS Notes"?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I dont want to use any kind of sync procedures. Isnt there a away to get the file using the lightning cable?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I dont want to use any kind of sync procedures. Isnt there a away to get the file using the lightning cable?

Well, you could email them if they’re not too large. But you would have to SYNC an email account with your iPhone…and have your iPhone connected to either a wifi network or cellular network.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I do not want by any means to receive them by making any transfer using the internet. Isn't it possible to do it the old fashioned way through a cable?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I do not want by any means to receive them by making any transfer using the internet. Isn't it possible to do it the old fashioned way through a cable?

Not that I know of. I believe it's a security issue. Apple has provided Mac/iOS users simple and easy ways to transfer files via methods discussed above and the documentation of how to use them.

There are relatively expensive USB/Lightning flash drives that may be able to access voice memos. I'll leave the research up to you.

With cordless charging and iCloud backup already a reality it will not be long before there's an iPhone that won't have a lightning or any other kind of cable connection.

Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Thanks for the explanations Brian. I have some voice memo files that are personal and i don't want to put anything online for security reasons, that is why i only want to transfer via cable.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
If a USB/Lightning flash drive is used, how will i get the VoiceMemo on it? How do i find the flash drive in order to make the save?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.