Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfreed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
New York
Hi All!

Just got an iPad Pro 10.5. First device I've owned with the True Tone display. I am just wondering if I should enable it? I like colors to be as accurate as possible because I do photo-editing. Am I better off with or without. Any and all suggestions welcomed!

jfreed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
New York
Might as well. I’m coming from an Air 2, and the screen is just phenomenal. I don’t care for Night Shift, but I’m not sure that they are in any way related? Thanks.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Might as well. I’m coming from an Air 2, and the screen is just phenomenal. I don’t care for Night Shift, but I’m not sure that they are in any way related? Thanks.

Do some photo editing under different lighting conditions with it on and off and then look at the results on a color-calibrated monitor to see what the effects may be.

jfreed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
New York
Do some photo editing under different lighting conditions with it on and off and then look at the results on a color-calibrated monitor to see what the effects may be.

You pretty much read my mind - exactly what I plan to do. (Also, just did a side-by-side of the Air 2 and iPad Pro 10.5 and played with brightness tweaks, True-Tone, etc. All I can say is wow!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.