Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muharremozkan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2015
Istanbul
Hello,

My name is Muharrem. Taking a backup of my files on my Mac computer has always been a cumbersome issue for me. From the hassle of plugging and unplugging USB drives to the slow copying of project folders containing tens of thousands of small files even to an SSD, I encountered many frustrating problems. Adding to these the risk of USB drives getting corrupted, I began to think about finding a different solution. The iPhone was a very suitable device for this purpose. It's a device that's always with me, has quality storage, and a secure file system. That's why I decided to develop the Backup Disk application.

Backup Disk is an application that turns your iPhone or iPad into a reliable, wireless backup device. The application has both a Mac (server) version and an iPhone (client) version.

It is designed to be fast. Copying large numbers of small files between disks has always been problematic. The application's algorithm allows these files to be combined into big packages and transported over the network so. Thus, it makes much faster and more efficient backups.
Transporting files in large packages reduces the overhead on the network, allowing networks such as WiFi 6 to be used to their full potential.

It can detect files that have changed and only sync them, so your periodic backups will run much faster.

You can visit the website to learn more about the application and to download and try it out.

WEBSITE
backupdisk.app

It's a free app with in-app purchase options for PRO features.

I hope you enjoy the app!

Best Regards,
Muharrem

s1.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.