Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pgseye

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Hi,
I have an iMac Pro running High Sierra. I use my iPhone to lock (log out?) it when I walk away and unlock it when I return. That's fine, but the display remains on - at the login screen (I also have an external monitor attached - I don't know if that affects it).

I don't know if screenburn is an issue, but all I want to do is lock the machine and have the display turn off (or at worst go to a screensaver).

Any tips on how to do this? I've tried to fiddle with the energy saver and screensaver options, but nothing seems to be working.

Thank you.

Last edited:

dholaday

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2009
I use a Hot Corner to put my display to sleep whenever I walk away.

Go to "Desktop & Screen Saver" System preference; Click on "Screen Saver"; Click on "Hot Corners'; Click on the corner you want to use and select "Put Display to Sleep"

Dragging your cursor to that corner will then turn the display off.

Hi,
I have an iMac Pro running High Sierra. I use my iPhone to lock (log out?) it when I walk away and unlock it when I return. That's fine, but the display remains on - at the login screen (I also have an external monitor attached - I don't know if that affects it).

I don't know if screenburn is an issue, but all I want to do is lock the machine and have the display turn off (or at worst go to a screensaver).

Any tips on how to do this? I've tried to fiddle with the energy saver and screensaver options, but nothing seems to be working.

Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.