Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ctg7w6

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Hello! I’ve looked everywhere for a solution but can’t find one and there may not be a solution.

But I have a new iPhone 16 pro max. It has a dedicated camera button. I’ve gotten rid of the annoying little widget on the Home Screen for the camera. But I also want to get rid of the swipe left to camera because I always accidentally engage it AND I now have a dedicated camera button. I absolutely don’t need to swipe left for camera.

Is it possible, somewhere in the settings, to get rid of this annoying “feature”?

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Have you even bothered to look for the answer to this? A simple search on the internet reveals the answer

This disables the Apple camera app…not ideal at all.

OP you cannot disable swipe left for camera. I have no idea why Apple is so stubborn given there are 3 ways to access it now from the lock screen

Reactions: redbeard331

AZFalconi

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2024
Have you even bothered to look for the answer to this? A simple search on the internet reveals the answer

Not only was the response pretty childish the “solution” was terrible

Did you even bother to look what that does to the camera?

• Haha
Reactions: circatee

ctg7w6

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014

What a rotten response. I did look for solutions. And I already found your horrible “solution” that does not do what I want. Did you bother to read my post?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.