Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xpected_one

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Texas
Hi wanted to see if you guys are noticing the same behavior. I like the new TV app, but it seems like some if what I thought would be nice features are misleading. So say I have the Xmen movie that I ripped years ago in my family sharing iTunes library on my iMac. I start watching this movie via the computers app thats linked and voila it starts playing.. Now if I come back to that movie in the TV app (because it shows in Up Next) the ATV will now take me to the iTunes store to buy the movie? WTF.. it shows I have watched 3/4 of it, why would I now buy it? I looked through the settings but cant see anything to link my library to this new app. Any suggestions?

xpected_one

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Texas
i have plex.. works great for watching something away from home. But I have ripped and catalogued every movie I own, and have them setup through iTunes as far as watched/unwatched, correct genre etc. To redo that work in Plex would take a while. Thanks for the suggestion though

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
There's another thread (here) that discusses how the TV app will only offer iTunes or other paid content, ignoring your owned media. Unfortunately, there are no answers to be found as yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.