Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MindStormPhoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2020
Under Catalina on my iMac Pro, I am now forced to use the new TV app (iTunes was SO much better...!). It is an absolute PITA.

I bought several TV seasons and Movies. Yes, I paid full Apple price and downloaded them. Until just last month, my internet here in the Hinterlands was way too slow for streaming (downloading a single episode of NCIS took 10 hours...)

OK, so I have a large library of fully paid shows. I bring up TV app and try to play them.

EACH AND EVERY DAY it complains that i am not authorized to watch any of the shows. Every time I put in my Apple ID, and every time it then says "this computer was already authorized and is being re-authorized."

And when our internet goes completely dark (which it does often down here in South America), TV cannot "reauthorize" and therefore refused to play for days at a time.

How can I fix this so that the TV app remembers that this computer has been authorized, and not require this dance every day???

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
I’d suggest (I’m using iTunes still) go to view account in iTunes. Computers authorized. Reset it. Try again.

MindStormPhoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2020
I did do that (several times...) in TV app under Catalina.

I don't believe iTunes runs under Catalina, does it? That app disappeared from my system with the OS upgrade...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.